The Ann Arbor, Michigan fur sale ban passed less than a year after an outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) in mink on a Michigan fur farm and the infection of a Michigan taxidermist with a COVID-19 variant found in mink. As it turns out, fur farming, so obviously unnecessary and so woefully cruel, plays a part in the global pandemic that threatens both humans and animals, with some 20 million mink killed in the aftermath of similar outbreaks on fur farms throughout the world.
- Trap Incident Report: Dog caught and maimed by suspected snare trap near Rodarte, NM November 27, 2023
- Roxy’s Law is working! September 19, 2023
- New Mexico animal trapping law receives pushback from trappers May 26, 2023
- Dog survives brink of death run-in with potentially illegal snare April 2, 2023
- ‘He was very close to dying’: Dog owner calls for Quebec ban on leg hold traps March 1, 2023