Z Jacobson was hiking with her dogs, Noodles and Lulu, and a friend along a new trail off Old Buckman Road in the Santa Fe National Forest on Thanksgiving Day. During the hike, they walked over to a cliff and were admiring the view when Jacobson heard what she described as “tremendous, horrible screaming” from her dog, whose right front paw was caught in a steel trap she said was about 30 feet from the trail. Noodles, a black-and-white border collie mix, was struggling futilely to free herself.
- Roxy’s Law is working! September 19, 2023
- New Mexico animal trapping law receives pushback from trappers May 26, 2023
- Dog survives brink of death run-in with potentially illegal snare April 2, 2023
- ‘He was very close to dying’: Dog owner calls for Quebec ban on leg hold traps March 1, 2023
- In a win for animals, California’s ban on fur officially takes effect January 23, 2023